CENZIN sp. z o. o. is a direct inheritor of the SEPEWE Society founded in 1926 (which, before the Second World War, exported military equipment to more than 40 countries worldwide) and the Central Engineering Management, which in-between the years 1950-1989, as a department of the Ministry of Foreign Trade, and later on, of the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations, conducted trade activities pertaining to international turnover of defence equipment.
The Polish Economic Activity Act introduced in 1989, gave the legal outline to the registration on May 15th, 1990, of PHZ CENZIN Sp. z o. o. as a commercial entity authorized to export and import armament and special equipment, with the State Treasury as the main shareholder and with more than 20 companies of the Polish defence equipment sector as worthy shareholders.
On October 8th, 2003 the shares possessed by the State Treasury (67,77%) were transferred to the Industrial Development Agency S.A.
As a result of the above PHZ CENZIN Sp. z o. o. had been performing the duties at that of a trade operator and promotion coordinator for Aviation & Radio-Electronics Capital Group, established by the Industrial Development Agency S.A.
On December 21st, 2009 within the scope of realization by the Government of the Republic of Poland of the fundamental stipulations of the “Strategy of consolidation and supporting the development of the Polish defence industry in the years 2007-2012”, a majority of the company’s shares - basing on the decision of the State Treasury - had been transferred from the Industrial Development Agency S.A. to Bumar sp. z o.o., this effecting in CENZIN sp. z o.o. becoming a member of the BUMAR Group - since July 2013 - Polish Defence Holding.
In February 2011 the name of the Company has been changed to: CENZIN spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością (CENZIN sp. z o.o.)